To obtain a resident Georgia insurance producer license you must complete the following steps:
- Complete state-approved prelicense education. The required education hours per line of authority are:
- 20 hours for a life license
- 20 hours for a health license
- 20 hours for a property license
- 20 hours for a casualty license
- Pass the Pearson Vue administered state licensing exam with a minimum score of 75%. In order to register for the exam you must first complete the prelicense education.
- Submit electronic fingerprints with GAPS to the Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner. Detailed information on how to submit your electronic fingerprints can be found on the Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website.
- Apply for the license by completing the License Application, form GID-103, either electronically through Sircon or by mail.