The SAFE Act requires Pennsylvania licensed mortgage loan originators to meet minimum licensing standards. The minimum requirements to be a licensed mortgage loan originator in Pennsylvania are:
- Complete 20 hours of NMLS-approved prelicense education. The education must include a minimum of:
- three hours of federal mortgage law;
- three hours of ethics;
- three hours of Pennsylvania mortgage law;
- two hours related to the nontraditional mortgage market place.
- Pass the national component of the SAFE MLO Test and the Pennsylvania component of the SAFE MLO Test.
- Submit fingerprints to the NMLS for a criminal background check.
- Authorize a credit report within the NMLS.
- Register and obtain a Unique Identifier with the NMLS.
For information on Pennsylvania licensing requirements, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Banking website
or the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System website